Monday, March 18, 2013

Gear Check

I was telling Leonard about the hike I want to do on Thursday.  I was asking what kind of gear I need for a 4-5 hour hike.  He started naming things off:

  • Rain Jacket
  • A little snack
  • A water bottle for each of us
WAIT!  Each of us?  Meaning he's going with me?  Didn't see that coming.  So we decided to make a run down to REI in Tacoma (about 45 minutes from here) and get a day pack.  We decided on the REI Flash 18 (in Titanium and Lime Spritz) because it can be turned into a stuff sack for when I hike the AT (totally HIS idea, he is coming around).


2 comments:

  1. This is dang right awesome! So you're going Thursday... I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH water bottle! Use gatorade bottle... it will save weight :)

    ReplyDelete